SC10 Wants to Show Your Work to the World
Over the years, SC provided members of the HPC community the chance to showcase samples of their work in the video loops that ran before each of the plenary sessions. The resulting videos have been resounding successes, and we are happy to announce that this event will return at New Orleans!
This is your platform to showcase your current projects in videos and pictures. We would especially like to encourage submissions related to the thrust areas for SC10 — Climate Simulation, Heterogeneous Computing and Data-Intensive Computing — but other themes are welcome as well. With capacity seating in the hall reaching into the thousands, this is a great opportunity to share your work with your peers and leaders in the community.
We are taking submissions NOW!
Images can relate to any area of HPC, and will be an opportunity to show the quality and range of work that is ongoing within the community. You can download a high-resolution version of last year's video at the SC09 Video Web Page. Note that, while we will use as many submissions as possible, we cannot guarantee that every contribution will be included.
- Videos will be projected at 30 frames per second, at 1920x1080 resolution
- The screen will be 32'x18', 16x9 aspect ratio
- Submissions may include high quality stills, high resolution video, or both
- Videos should be 30 to 90 seconds in length
- Files should be submitted in a standard Quicktime or windows codec format
- If you don't currently have a video demo of your project we can create it for you if you send us your photos and the sequence of the photos. Images should be bitmap format readable by Photoshop, and we recommend scaling the images down to 1920x1080 before submission.
Deadline for participation is Friday, October 15, 2010.
Full details and a participation form may be requested from: firstname.lastname@example.org.