GPU Programming in OpenCL with CLIDE: Microway's Compute Language IDE
SESSION: Heterogeneous Computing II
EVENT TYPE: Exhibitor Forum
TIME: 1:30PM - 2:00PM
Presenter(s):Michael B. Fried
ABSTRACT: Microway's CLIDE software makes it easy to develop and test algorithms on GPU and many-core/socket CPU Nodes using OpenCL. Microway’s GCS™ service enables customers to use CLIDE to share compute kernels, evaluate and track kernel performance history on Microway benchmark nodes.
Features demonstrated include:
1) A large set of useful examples
2) Syntax highlighting and automatic statement completion
3) Integrated context-sensitive help and robust error handling
GCS enables customers to benchmark OpenCL compute kernels against standard data sets to determine:
1) Which compute device or devices (CPU, GPU, APU) give the best performance running a kernel on data sets?
2) How do specific optimizations of kernels affect their performance on different devices?
3) How much power does the kernel consume running on different devices?
4) How much device memory is required to get optimal throughput on a large data size?