Advanced VisIt Usage: Visualization and Analysis for Very Large Data Sets
SESSION: M14: Advanced VisIt Usage: Visualization and Analysis for Very Large Data Sets
EVENT TYPE: Tutorial
TIME: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Presenter(s):Hank Childs, Sean Ahern, Amy Szczepanski
ABSTRACT: VisIt is a powerful tool for doing visualization and analysis of very large data sets. This tutorial is aimed at users who have a basic understanding of VisIt, either through the introductory tutorial or through previous experience using VisIt.
This tutorial will cover the following advanced topics:
- Analysis: generating statistics, pulling out quantitative information, etc
- Moviemaking: go through an example of making a high end movie
- Scripting: automating your data analysis and visualization
- Comparisons: data-level, image-level, and feature-level comparisons
- Non-traditional visualization: scatter plots, histograms, etc.
- Data input: how to write a custom file format reader
Hank Childs - Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Sean Ahern - Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Amy Szczepanski - University of Tennessee, Knoxville